Well, it’s taken much longer then I initially thought it would, but the goal has been reached!
I’ve hit over $3,000 in revenue. $3,146 to be more precise.
I’m going to write up a much longer and thorough update of everything I did, but for now here’s a quick update.
Why it took so long to see results – AKA my excuses
It took right around 1 year to reach this revenue. I honestly thought I would hit it in <6 months or less, but a few major things were against me.
- I was doing only white hat link building in the beginning (No PBN links)
- I wrote some of the pillar content myself (I don’t enjoy writing, therefore I didn’t add new articles consistently)
- I was living in Japan, and pre-occupied with other things (So I didn’t really start working on this site until the last few months)
- This site was made mostly because of the Authority Site Challenge. Otherwise I would have spent more time on other sites and non SEO stuff.
Did I succeed?
No. I would consider this Authority Site Project a failure.
While I did reach my goal of $3,000 in monthly revenue, I didn’t achieve my biggest goal.
My biggest goal when making this website was to keep it 100% pure white hat.
Unfortunately because of time constraints I had to create a new PBN to help rank this site. Though the PBN did help, I would say 70%+ of the links are still clean white hat links.
Organic Traffic For January
Traffic is 3x over last month. I’m consistently getting 100 organic visitors a day now, except Sundays.
The revenue per user works out to $3,146/2,979 = $1.05
Better than last month’s $0.89, but not by much. I’m working on improving this number.
Traffic Cost last month was about 50k, now it’s about $150k. So big improvements.
Keywords have moved up and down this month. Overall traffic is going up, and that’s what I care about the most.
Goals for the site
- Goal for February is $5,000+ in revenue.
- Increase rankings on current money keywords
- Move from #12 to #9 on my biggest keyword
I’d like to sell this site sometime in April, so increasing revenue is now a priority. I think this site has the potential to do $10,000 a month easily, all I need is a few keywords to move up the SERPS.
What I’ve been working on
I’ve been doing a lot of SEO testing lately, I’ve made another 5 websites this month ( letting them age). I’m finding so many awesome keywords and niches and I want to test them all!
Just don’t have the time unfortunately.
Other than that, a lot of Facebook ads.
What have you guy’s been up to?